Sunday, September 4, 2016

Confession part 2

This is only my second vacation of any length in the past twenty odd years. Probably the only vacation with a majority of my family in forever. I know, I know...it's about damn time. Heaven knows when I'll remember to take another vacation.
So in order to make up for all the missed family vacations, we packed as much as we could into this one. Today's adventures included a boat ride watching dolphins surf in front of a big boat, a tour of most of the U.S.S. Lexington and a dip into the Gulf. The last excursion included an illegally caught fish via Myrtle the Younger's swimsuit (no fishing license and the poor kamakazi fish was way too small-shh, don't tell anyone).
Fun was had by all. There are a few sporting sunburns and generally all of us are making old people noises (we are sucking down Advil like it's going off the market). Getting out of any chair requires an act of Congress and all hands on deck.
Tomorrow we get the privilege of leaving this paradise behind and making the 6-7 hour (or more) trek to reality.
I don't wanna go!!! Wah!!!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment